PROPOSE AN INTERNATIONAL ARTIST FOR A RESIDENCY IN GOTHENBURG 2022
Deadline June 30
Every year, two international artists are invited to Gothenburg for a three month residency through IASPIS, The Swedish Arts Grants Committee’s International Programme for Visual and Applied Artists (www.iaspis.se). Iaspis collaborates with a local group in Gothenburg who collects and processes local proposals and presents them to the decision making board at The Swedish Arts Grants Committee.
The Iaspis-group in Gothenburg now welcomes proposals for international visual artists to be invited for a residency between August – October 2022.
The artists can not apply on their own behalf. Proposals can only be made by institutions and other art initiatives, who are then hosting the artist. The inviting host’s plans for the stay are of great importance for the jury, and we are looking for a well thought out and anchored proposal. The selected artist will receive a travel grant, accommodation and working space at Konstepidemin and a stipend of 15.000 SEK per month. To organize a public event, additional funds will be made available in consultation with the Iaspis group.
Questions will be answered by email@example.com
Deadline June 30
The proposal should include:
– Complete name, address and contact information for both the proposed artist, as well as for the contact person submitting the proposal.
– Link to website or online portfolio for proposed artist (An attachment with a portfolio of under 6mb is also acceptable)
– Short presentation of the artist and their work of max. 500 words
– Short description of any potential planned activities (workshops, shows, etc.) or projects that the artist might engage in whilst in Gothenburg, as well as a plan for a public presentation (artist talk/workshop/performance or other)
– Proposed artists, curators, etc. that the visiting artist might meet during the residency period. Please initiate a contact with proposed partners in advance.
Send the proposal as one pdf (max 10 mb) to firstname.lastname@example.org